is an annual event that lets you contribute to a snapshot of catchment and reef health, and get involved in practical actions to help look after Queensland's reefs.
ReefBlitz 2017 was the 4th consecutive year of ReefBlitz events. Huge congrats to our 716 participants who lent a hand to survey reefs, collect marine debris, monitor mangroves and more, in a series of events along the Queensland Coast. From catchment to coral, citizen scientists collected more than 20,000 data points relevant to reef health!
Missed out in 2017? Have no fear!
1) See what our 50+ partners and 700+ participants helped to achieve in 2017 with our ReefBlitz 2017 in Review summary.
2) You can snap, count and upload marine and coastal observations to these citizen science programs anywhere in Queensland, anytime of year!
• Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority’s Eye on the Reef
• Project Manta
• Redmap (fish)
• Tangaroa Blue (marine debris)
3) 2018 is the International Year of the Reef and we're already plotting ReefBlitz 2018. Want to get involved? We'd love to have a chat! Email us!